Last Updated: July. 30, 2021
1. Information that we collect
Kintone Corporation (“we” or “Kintone”) will collect the following types of information about you:
- Identifiers such as name, address, phone number, email address, cookies, IP addresses:
We will collect those information from consumers, our business and event partners, 3rd party developers, social media partners, lead generation services providers, webinar software platforms and data brokers and other 3rd party vendors.
- Credit card number:
We will collect those information from consumers.
- Commercial information such as information about prior and ongoing transactions with us:
We will collect those information from consumers and our partners.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information about users interacted with our online services and the content thereon; access logs, device information and location:
We will collect those information from consumers.
2. How we use your information
Kintone will use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our cloud computing services and other services including training programs, including without limitation:
- identification of users
- communication with our services customers and users (such as sending important notices and customer support)
- internal purposes such as necessary record keeping
- improving and updating our products and services
- account and network security purposes
- payment for use of our services
- To communicate for commercial purposes, such as proposal of our other services as well as other marketing and advertisement purposes to existing and potential customers and users
- To invite customers and users to seminars and other events
- To build, facilitate and manage customer and developer communities
- To comply with applicable laws
- To exercise or defend Kintone’s legal rights; including without limitation disclosure required by enforcement agencies
- In the event of a proposed merger, acquisition, sale or other business transaction involving our business or its assets, to support or give effect to the transaction.
3. How we share your information
Kintone will share the information we collect about you to third parties as follows:
- When Kintone share your information to our affiliated companies
- When Kintone share your information to Service Providers (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018)
- When Kintone share your information to our business and event partners
- When Kintone share your information to our marketing and advertising partners
- When you agree to share your information to others
- When Kintone is required to disclose your information under applicable laws and regulations
4. Handling of cookies
A cookie is a small amount of data consisting of character strings that is sent to your browser from a web server. This information acts like a user’s ID card that enables you to record your password and/or configuration information on it, thereby identifying you when you revisit the website and enabling to have setting status reappear.
If you do not wish to accept cookies, you can block or restrict cookies through your browser settings. Please note though, in that case you may not be able to use all or a part of the services provided by Kintone.
CCPA Privacy Notice
Last Updated: July 30, 2021
1. Personal information we have collected in the past 12 months and Categories of sources from which we have collected personal information
The categories of personal information collected by the Company in the past 12 months and the categories of sources from which we have collected personal information, are as follows:
|Categories of collected personal information||Categories of sources|
|Identifiers (name, address, phone number, email address, cookies and IP addresses)||Directly from consumers. From our business and event partners, 3rd party developers, social media partners, lead generation services providers, webinar software platforms and data brokers and other 3rd party vendors.|
|Any other categories of personal information described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e) (e.g. credit card number)||Directly from consumers.|
|Commercial information (information about prior and ongoing transactions with us)||Directly from consumers. From our partners.|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information about users interacted with our online services and the content thereon||Directly from consumers. |
The above categories of personal information correspond with the categories of personal information listed under Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.140(o)(1)(A), (B), (D), and (F).
2. Categories of third parties to whom we disclosed personal information
Over the preceding 12 months, the Company disclosed each category of personal information listed in Section 1 to the following categories of third parties to assist the Company in connection with fulfilling the purposes set forth in Section 4 below:
|Categories of collected personal information||Whom?|
|Identifiers (name, address, phone number, email address, cookies, and IP addresses)|
- Service providers (which assist sales activities, sales information management, payment processing, marketing, customer support and other business activities)
- Our business partners
- 3rd party developers
- Our affiliate companies
|Any other categories of personal information described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e) (e.g. credit card number)||Service providers (which assist sales information management and payment processing)Our affiliate companies|
|Commercial information (information about prior and ongoing transactions with us)||Service providers (which assist sales information management)Our affiliate companies|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information about users interacted with our online services and the content thereon||Service Providers (which assist data privacy management)Our affiliate companies|
3. Categories of third parties to whom we sold personal information
Over the preceding 12 months, the Company “sold” (i.e., disclosed to other businesses or third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration) data obtained from cookies, and information about how users associated with these identifiers interacted with the Company’s online services and the content thereon to social media, advertising and analytics partners for the purposes of better tailoring offers and advertisements at such users.
4. Business or commercial purposes for which we used personal information
5. Request for disclosure of personal information
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that the Company disclose the following regarding the personal information about you that the Company collects, uses, discloses, and sells:
- The specific pieces of personal information in the business’s possession
- Categories of personal information collected by the business
- Categories of sources from which personal information has been collected
- Categories of personal information sold or disclosed by the business for a business purpose
- Categories of third parties to whom personal information has been sold or disclosed for a business purpose
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information
However, the Company may decline the disclosure of some information if the conditions set forth in the CCPA for refusing such a request are met, such as where we are unable to verify your identity to an acceptable degree of certainty.
6. Request for deletion of personal information
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that the Company delete the personal information collected by the Company from you.
However, the Company may decline the deletion of some information if conditions set forth in the CCPA for refusing such a request are met, such as where the information is necessary to provide you with a good or service that you requested or which is reasonably anticipated within the context of the Company’s ongoing business relationship with you.
7. How to request disclosure or deletion
If you are a California resident, you may exercise your rights under Sections 5 and 6 by submitting a request through our Contact Us page. The simplest way of contacting us is to use the form on our Contact Us page, but you may also contact us by sending an email to: email@example.com. Please note that, when handling such requests, we will take steps to verify your identity through a reasonable method in accordance with the CCPA, which may include asking you to provide information about your prior interactions with us or proper identification if necessary.
8. Right to opt-out of selling
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by disabling cookies: “Do Not Sell My Info”, submitting a request through our Contact Us page, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not have actual knowledge that we sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age. Please note that we may need to verify your identity before acting on a request. If we deny your request, we will explain why.
9. Right of non-discrimination
If you are a California resident, you have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment from the Company for exercising your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including those mentioned in Sections 5, 6 and 8 above.
10. Authorized Agent
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf if:
- The authorized agent is a natural person or a business entity registered with the Secretary of State of California; and
- You sign a written declaration that you authorize the authorized agent to act on your behalf.
If you use an authorized agent to submit a request for disclosure, request for deletion, or request to opt-out of selling, please have the authorized agent take the following steps in addition to the steps described in Sections 5, 6 and 8 above:
- Mail a notarized copy of your written declaration authorizing the authorized agent to act on your behalf to 44 Montgomery St, 22nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104 (we will reimburse you for the costs of notarizing the declaration and mailing it to us if you provide a receipt showing the costs paid and they are reasonable); and
- Provide any information we request from you to verify your identity and that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit a request under the CCPA on your behalf. The information that we ask you to provide to verify your identity will depend on your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the personal information at issue.
If you provide an authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465, it may not be necessary to perform these steps and we will respond to any request from such authorized agent in accordance with the CCPA.
11. How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding this Notice, wish to express any concerns regarding the privacy practices of the Company, or wish to exercise your rights, please do so through our Contact Us page.