Installing the @Kintone bot
Follow these steps to install the @Kintone bot to your Google Hangouts Chat (GHC) domain:
- Log into GHC
- Install the @Kintone bot
- Add the Kintone bot to a chat room
- Sign up for a free Kintone trial
- Enable GHC in Kintone
- Set your domain value
- Connect Kintone with GHC
- Next steps
Log into GHC
Log into GHC at: http://chat.google.com
Note: Google Hangouts Chat is part of the paid G Suite product. Log in using an account that has access to G Suite.
Install the @Kintone bot
- In GHC, click Find people, rooms, bots and type:
- Click the @Kintone bot to add it to GHC.
Add the Kintone bot to a chat room
- Enter the chat room you want to add the Kintone bot to.
- Verify that you want to add the bot to the room.
Sign up for a free Kintone trial
To use the Kintone bot features, you must have a Kintone domain.
- Sign up for a Kintone free trial.
- Verify your email address by clicking the link in your email.
- Set a password for your account.
- Choose your domain name. This will usually be your company name.
Enable GHC in Kintone
As an added layer of security, you must enable the Google Hangouts Chat integration in your Kintone domain before you can connect Kintone with GHC.
- Log into your Kintone domain by typing:
- Click the Administration button to edit the settings for your domain.
- In the left column, click the Integrations link.
- Click the toggle button to enable the Google Hangouts Chat integration.
- Click the Set Allowed Users link.
- Select all the users you want to grant access to.
Note: If you add more users to the domain later, you will need to go back to Administration and grant them access too.
Set your domain value
- Go to http://chat.google.com.
@Kintone domain "<your_domain>.kintone.com"
Connect Kintone with GHC
- If you have just set your domain, click the “Grant Google Permission” link.
- You will be prompted to log into your Kintone account.
- You will be shown a list of actions that Google will be able to do in your Kintone domain. Click Allow.
- Return to the GHC window.
Once the @Kintone bot has been installed to your GHC domain, you can start using the bot to:
- Create new job openings
- Add and track job candidates
- Manage item inventory
For a complete list of commands, see: Commands