It is our responsibility to respect and protect the privacy of our customers’ information.
These guidelines show our basic philosophy regarding the handling of user information at Cybozu Inc and Cybozu Corporation. (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Cybozu”).
- 1. Cybozu will collect information on you (user) via various forms and fields in the process of registering an account or accessing various services that we provide (ie: free trials, free demos, technical support). (hereinafter referred to as “User Information”).
- 2. Cybozu will not disclose and/or supply User Information provided by Users to a third party unless you agree to do so or if Cybozu has a valid reason to do so.
- 3. Cybozu will assign a representative for adequate information management.
- 4. Cybozu will work to take reasonable technical measures as well as provide education to its employees to prevent information leaks, losses and/or falsifications.
- 5. If you would like to see or correct any User Information we have stored, Cybozu will provide the means to access and make such changes, and/or respond directly to such requests.
- 6. Cybozu will observe laws, regulations and other applicable guidelines for the protection of User Information and will also work to continuously review and improve our procedures and policies.
Use of User Information and its provision to a third party
Cybozu will use any collected User Information for the following purposes:
- To support your use of products and services provided by Cybozu
- To provide information about Cybozu’s new products and services
- To provide insight to enable us to enhance and improve Cybozu products and services
- To identify and contact you when necessary
Cybozu will not use User Information provided for any purpose other than the above purposes to which you’ve agreed. In case any other necessary purpose arises, we will notify you in advance for your approval.
You are entitled to decline authorization for such purpose; but please note that in such case, Cybozu may not be able to continue to offer access to our products and services.
Cybozu will never provide or disclose User Information to a third party except the following:
- When Cybozu outsources operations such as sales/delivery/support/introducing product updates to a Partner within such specified purposes
- When you agree to disclose and/or share your information to others
- When there is an imminent danger to someone’s life, body and/or property, and disclosing your information is needed urgently
- When applicable laws and regulations require Cybozu to disclose your information
Handling of cookies(*)
We use analytics tools to help us understand how you get to and use our site. To do this, 3rd party services we deploy may use technologies like Cookies to track your activity when you use Cybozu’s products and/or services or visit our site(s).
However, these Cookies do not gather any personally identifiable information. As such, your anonymity is protected unless you input User Information into forms or fields within Cybozu services and/or websites. To learn more about Cookies, please click HERE.
Please note though, in that case you may be unable to use products or services provided by Cybozu.
(*) What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data consisting of character strings that is sent to your browser from a web server.This information acts like a user’s ID card that enables you to record your password and/or configuration information on it, thereby identifying you when you revisit the website and enabling to have setting status reappear.
To monitor usage trends and measure advertising effectiveness, Cybozu collects access logs. These access logs collect data such as IP address, browser type and domain name and may be linked to User Information. Moreover, we may contract access log analysis to third parties.
With regard to the individual handling of access logs, be sure to read individual terms of service and end-user license agreement.
In no event will our company be liable for any handling of User Information as it relates to the linkage to these Access Logs.
Also, you shall confirm that, to measure advertising effectiveness and to collect statistics, Cybozu has the right, without any notice, to collect your (user) behavior data such as click rates of URLs and open rates of images in emails.
Cybozu may revise these guidelines without any notice.